Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A New Year, a new me!

Along with several other blogs I have been following, my goal is just this.

Simplify.

I'm doing the same as Tiffany, decluttering and getting rid of all the unneccessary THINGS we have around the house. How many sippy cups do we NEED? How many cups and plates and bowls do my three kids (one of whom doesn't eat much yet) NEED? There are so many people out there right now who are struggling to even have one set of dishes for their kids, and mine have like, four, I think. Or used to. :P We also decided not to take all of our decorations to Korea with us when we go. We will be sparingly buying a couple of new things, and when we get back, will be donating what we really did not miss. This is mostly because our tastes have changed from the colored lights we chose for our pre-lit tree, and some of the decor from years ago. Added to that, it will be slightly hard to store it all if we end up with a small apartment.

Anyhow, I would love to hear how others are clearing out and starting into their New Year. Myself, I am going to be working on yes, spending less money on STUFF, and losing a bit of the weight I gained from all three kiddos. I only have about another 5 pounds to go until I am at my pre-Jamie weight. But that still leaves me with 20 pounds of pre-Cait and Jacob weight... I will get there, I know I can do it. My self-discipline must get better first!!

No comments:

Post a Comment