Saturday, November 14, 2009

seasonal magnet board, napkin coaster and fall frame

I found an idea for a seasonal magnet board here-http://sumossweetstuff.blogspot.com/2009/10/tutorial-tuesday-seasonal-wood-board.html
and this is my take on it. 
Paint your piece of wood (any color, I chose black because it will go with anything).


Trace magnets onto wood, then hot glue down. 


Create the image you want for the magnet, hot glue magnet to the back of it.  Voila!

Mine isn't quite finished, I want to add a bow to the tree, and make the gingerbread man cute.  

I also attempted to make a coaster with a cute fall napkin.
It was a pain.



And I surprised myself by making a fall themed piece of art.
I started with one of the napkins seen above, a piece of gold cardstock, mod podge and some stickers. Carefully unfold the napkin, then refold it so that the stalk of leaves on each side are curved in opposite directions.  And be really careful when you mod podge the napkin, it will shred if you aren't easy on it.  I just did a thin layer on the cardstock, and smoothed the napkin over it.  I also lightly mp'd just the edges of the napkin.


I let that dry, and then went back and MP'd under the top layer (see at the bottom of the napkin, where it bubbled a little)?  I ran my brush really lightly underneath and pressed it back down.  Then I added my stickers and trimmed the excess from around the edges.  Popped it into the frame, and ta-da!


So what are you working on lately? 

3 comments: